Overlook Housekeeping Supervisor
Supervises, coordinates and organizes the housekeeping activities of hourly personnel who are engaged in cleaning and sanitizing services for the Overlook Manor apartment-style residence hall. Reports to the Assistant Director of Residence Life.
- Assigns, supervises, and schedules hourly personnel; determines if overtime is necessary.
- Performs regular inspections and spot checks to insure standards are maintained.
- Inspects facilities for repairs and recommends redecoration/improvements/repairs; refers matters to appropriate department or outside service.
- Manages employee relations activities including labor and grievance response, safety, employee selection, training, performance review and appraisal, the promotion of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- Verifies and approves payroll time-keeping records including vacation, absenteeism and overtime.
- Requisitions and controls supplies for the performance of the housekeeping function.
- Communicates, collaborates and cooperates with internal staff and departments on a regular basis to coordinate all housekeeping responsibilities.
- Performs the full range of hands-on housekeeping duties.
- Direct supervision of two housekeepers and three porters.
Ability to read, write and speak English as required within the scope of the job duties; 1 – 3 years of progressive housekeeping care experience required, preferably with some time spent as a group/unit leader. Ability to organize work schedule/task detail and communicate effectively with supervisor and subordinate personnel. Routinely requires moderately to somewhat heavy physical effort such as moving, turning mattresses, sliding furniture to vacuum underneath, etc.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.