Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Work with the President’s Office and senior leadership on writing and managing gift acknowledgments and correspondence to a variety of constituents
- Collaborate with members of the department and institution in the writing of newsletters, solicitations, grant proposals, and the annual stewardship report for donors, as well as other fundraising and promotional collateral for internal and external usage
- Draft scripts for events and speeches to be delivered before audiences of alumni, donors, and prospective contributors
- Research and prepare citations and other materials for honorary degrees and Board of Trustees
- Perform additional duties as principal writer, editor, and/or project manager as assigned
- Available to work evenings and weekends to assist with events
- Reports to the Director of Development
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Communications or related field required
- 3-5 years experience in writing, communications, etc., of which some development writing experience is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills with expertise in the use of English grammar, punctuation, and syntax, as well as flexibility with writing styles to fit the appropriate audience and voice
- Attention to detail with the ability to quickly and effectively fact-check and gather accurate information by means of research, interviews, etc.
- Capable of managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines while producing high quality work
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.