The Manhattan College Marketing and Communication office seeks a communications coordinator to assist in various communication and administrative efforts/projects within the department. The communications coordinator will play an integral role in supporting branding development, media relations, multimedia/social media, special events, preparing budgets, publications and marketing.
The position will be the gatekeeper of the department interfacing regularly with the President’s Office, Board of Trustees, deans, distinguished alumni, faculty, students and media.
In this role, the communications coordinator will have the opportunity to attend and assist with special events, conduct research, fact check, plan photo shoots, write magazine and web articles, and manage interns and support other marketing and communications initiatives as needed.
This position has growth potential for the right candidate and if interested in a particular area (graphic design, feature writing, special events, social media, video editing) within the office, the communication coordinator can have increased exposure to special projects within this area. Occasional evenings and weekends required for special events.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communication, English or journalism
- Experience: Two or more years of related experience
- Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google apps (Gmail, Google calendar, Google docs); Familiar with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and/or Bridge
- Candidates must supply a portfolio of writing samples
- Basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS and Drupal CMS
- Experience with Vocus Media Database software
- Knowledge of copyediting and Associated Press Style Guide
- Photography experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Bridge
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to: email@example.com