Department : English
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7503
Office : MGL 404
PHD, University of Wisconsin-Stout
MA, U. of Missouri: Kansas City
BA, Manhattan College
- American literature, especially modern and contemporary; poetry; cultural studies, particularly the political contexts of literature; Italian-American literature and culture; food studies.
- Current Research: American literature and culture in the Depression; the Italian-American cultural tradition; food studies.
Publications & Professional Activities
- “’The sight to see and the will to do’: Charles Reznikoff and the Poetics of Exposure” (LIT: Literature Interpretation Theory, June 2006)
- "I Get No Kick Out of Assimilation; or, My Frank Sinatra Problem" in Frank Sinatra: History, Identity, and Italian-American Culture (Palgrave Macmillan, 2004)
- "George Oppen's '"I've Seen America" Book': Discrete Series and the Thirties Road Narrative" (American Literature, September 2002)
- "Charles Bernstein: An Interview" (Contemporary Literature, Spring 2000): and "Dago Christs or Hometown Heroes?: Proletarian Representations of Sacco and Vanzetti" (Centennial Review, Fall 1997).
- Many conference papers include presentations on Objectivist poetry; Frank Sinatra and Italian-American culture; poetry and radical politics in the 1930s.
- Forthcoming Publications: “’Tea and cookies. Diavolo!’: Italian American Masculinity and John Fante’s Wait Until Spring, Bandini” (MELUS).
ENGL 150 Roots: Literature
ENGL 210 Exposition and Argumentation
ENGL 285 Literary New York
ENGL 372 American Literature to 1914
ENGL 378 Modern American Literature
ENGL 379 Contemporary American Literature
ENGL 399 Independent Study
LLRN 204 Roots: Literature