Br Raymond Meagher, PHD
Br Raymond Meagher, PHD
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department : Education
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7482
Office : MEM 406
PHD, St. John's University
MA, New York University
MS, Columbia University
BA, Catholic University
My research revolves around investigating the following issues and topics:
- Being a teacher today is more challenging and demanding than ever before. Often, adequate supervision and/or mentoring are not provided to young teachers. Working in a highly stressful environment is the “new normal” for teachers. Almost 50% of teachers leave the profession within the first five years.
- "How can the School of Education at Manhattan College better meet the needs of our graduates? What can we do to help our graduates remain in touch with the passion that brought them into the field of education, to keep their sense of mission alive, and to help them support each other?”
- Undergraduate Instructor – College of New Rochelle, NY (1982 – 1989)
- Undergraduate Instructor – Bronx Community College, Bronx, New York (1989 – 1990)
- Consultant & Social Worker – George Jackson Academy, New York, NY (2003 – 2007)
Publications & Professional Activities
- Book Chapter: Culturally Responsive Teaching.
- Book: Understanding and Teaching Today’s Students, National Catholic Educational Association, Washington, D.C., 2008
- Article: Teaching in the 21st Century – “Plain Vanilla Just Won’t Make It
- Article: No Child ‘In Emotional Pain’ Left Behind: The Importance of School-Linked Mental Health Services Impact on Instructional Improvement – NYSASCD, February 2010, Volume 35 No. 1
- Article: Moomba – Moomba – Moomba: Building “Community” in the Classroom, Pending
- Teaching in the 21st Century – “Plain Vanilla Just Won’t Make It”
- Christian Brothers Academy – Faculty Presentation, Lincroft, New Jersey. October, 2007.
- Kappa Delta Pi - International Honor Society, 46th Biennial Convocation – Louisville, Kentucky, November, 2007. Invited Presentation.
- Educational Consortium: Professional Development, Manhattan College. February, 2008.
- Sharing Our Success – Conference in Urban Science and Math Teaching – New York University, New York, May, 2008. Keynote Address.
- Huether LaSallian Conference - Presentation, St. Louis, Missouri – November, 2008.
- Martin De Porres Programs – Staff Day – Presentation, Springfield Gardens, New York. May, 2009.
- Kappa Delta Pi – International Honor Society, 47th Biennial Convocation – Orlando, Florida, October, 2009.
- Moomba – Moomba – Moomba: Building “Community” in the Classroom
- Kappa Delta Pi – International Honor Society 48th Biennial Convocation – Indianapolis, Indiana, November, 2011.
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- National Catholic Educational Association
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Council of Bronx Principals (Chair: 1986/1987)
- Christian Brothers Administrators Association (President 1986 - 1988)
- Kappa Delta Pi - International Honor Society – Counselor (2006 – Present}
- National Association of Social Workers
- La Salle School – Residential Treatment Center – Board Member
- St. Raymond Community Outreach Program – Board Member
- School District Administrator – New York State
- School Administrator and Supervisor – New York State
- Science – Permanent Certification – New York State
- Guidance – Permanent Certification – New York State
- Social Worker – Certification – C.S.W. – New York State
- Social Worker – Certification – A.C.S.W, - National Certification
- Social Worker – Diplomate – D.C.S.W. – National Certification
- Child Care Worker – New York State
- Counselor of the Mu Sigma Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, the International Honor Society for Educators. This award-winning Chapter has been recognized with four consecutive Major Awards for Achieving Chapter Excellence (ACE), placing the Chapter among the top 5% of all Chapters in the world. It is a very active Chapter on campus, nationally, and internationally.
EDUC 201 Principles and Practices of Education
EDUC 303 Child and Adolescent Development
EDUC 406 Human Relations in the Educational Process
EDUG 704 Introduction to Group Dynamics and Human Relations
EDUG 725 Practicum in Groups
EDUG 850 Advanced Practicum for Counselors in Group Procedures