Qian Wang, PHD
Qian Wang, PHD
Department : Civil & Environmental Engineering
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7469
Office : LEO 314
PHD, University of Iowa
MS, University of Iowa
Civil Engineering High Performance Computer Lab (With Profs. Nicole Leo Braxtan and Reeves Whitney)
Reliability and Fragility Analysis of Engineering Systems
Crash and Impact Analysis and Design
Multi-Hazard Modeling and Design
Sustainable Buildings and Infrastructures
Multi-Physics Analysis and Design
Multi-Body Dynamics and Human Modeling
Homeland Security and Defense Engineering
Optimization Algorithms and Engineering Applications
System Identification and Optimal Control
Professional Engineer (PE) in NY, CA, and TX
US Green Building Council - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED AP)
Senior Design Engineer, LESLIE E. ROBERTSON ASSOCIATES RLLP (LERA), New York, NY
Project Engineer, KAL KRISHNAN CONSULTING SERVICES, INC. (KKCS), Oakland, CA
Structural Engineer, SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP (SOM), San Francisco, CA
Publications & Professional Activities
Fang, H., Wang, Q., and Weggel, D. (2015). “Crash analysis and evaluation of cable median barriers on sloped medians using an efficient finite element model.” Advances in Engineering Software, 82(1), 1-13.
Wang, Q., Fang, H., Li, N., Weggel, D.C., and Wen, G. (2013). “An efficient FE model of slender members for crash analysis of cable barriers.” Engineering Structures, 52, 240-256.
Li, Q.S., Zou, X.-K., Wu, J.R., and Wang, Q. (2011). “Integrated wind-induced response analysis and design optimization of tall steel buildings using Micro-GA.” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 20(8), 951-971.
Zou, X.-K., Wang, Q., Li, G., and Chan, C.-M. (2010). “Integrated reliability-based seismic drift design optimization of base-isolated concrete buildings.” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 136(10), 1282-1295.
Wang, Q., Fang, H., and Zou, X.-K. (2010). "Application of Micro-GA for optimal cost base isolation design of bridges subject to transient earthquake loads." Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 41(5), 765-777.
Bi, J., Fang, H., Wang, Q., and Ren, X. (2010). “Modeling and optimization of foam-filled thin-walled columns for crashworthiness designs.” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 46(9), 698-709.
Caspe, M., Ji, J., Shen, L., and Wang, Q. (2009). "Choosing the right antiterrorism crash barrier." Security Management Journal, November 2009.
Wang, Q., and Arora, J.S. (2009). "Several simultaneous formulations for transient dynamic response optimization: an evaluation." International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 80(5), 631-650.
Kim, H.-J., Wang, Q., Rahmatalla, S., Swan, C.C., Arora, J.S., Abdel-Malek, K., and Assouline, J.G. (2008). “Dynamic motion planning of 3D human locomotion using gradient-based optimization.” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, ASME, 130(3): 031002.
Zou, X.-K., Chan, C.-M., Li, G., and Wang, Q. (2007). "Multi-objective optimization for performance based design of reinforced concrete frames." Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 133(10), 1462-1474.
Xiang, Y.-J., Wang, Q., Fan, Z., and Fang, H. (2006). "Optimal crashworthiness design of a spot-welded thin-walled hat section." Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 42(10), 846-855.
Chan, C.-M., and Wang, Q. (2006). "Nonlinear stiffness design optimization of tall reinforced concrete buildings under service loads." Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 132(6), 978-990.
Wang, Q., and Arora, J.S. (2005). “Alternative formulations for transient dynamic response optimization.” AIAA Journal, 43(10), 2188-2195.
American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
American Insitute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC)
- UTRC Grant 49198-28-26: Analysis of Curved Weathering Steel Box Girder Bridges in Fire (August 1, 2014 - October 31, 2015) Project PI Nicole Leo Braxtan; Co-PIs Qian Wang and Reeves Whitney; http://www.utrc2.org/research/projects/analysis-curved-weathering-steel-box
JOURNAL PEER REVIEWER
- Advances in Structural Engineering
- International Journal of Crashworthiness
- International Journal of Design Engineering
- International Journal of Human Factors Modeling and Simulation
- International Journal of Robotics and Automation
- International Journal of Vehicle Design
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Journal of Engineering Structures
- Journal of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization
- Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE
- Journal of Civil Engineering and Construction Technology
- Journal of Engineering and Technology Research
- ENGS 115 Introduction to Engineering
- ENGS 116 Introduction to Engineering Computation
- ENGS 206 Statics
- CIVL 201 Introduction to Civil Engineering
- CIVL 302 Structural Analysis I
- CIVL 309 Steel Design
- CIVL 409 Reinforced Concrete
- CIVL 415 Civil Engineering Projects