Department : History
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7745
Office : MGL 415
PHD, University of Illinois
MA, University of Illinois
BA, U. of Minnesota: Twin Cities
- Modern Japan, Sports, Nationalism, National Identity, Mass Media
Publications & Professional Activities
- Currently revising dissertation, “Playing the Nation: 1964 Tokyo Summer Olympics and Japanese National Identity,” for publication.
- "Phoenix Arisen: Japan as Peaceful Internationalist at the 1964 Tokyo Summer Olympics." International Journal for the History of Sports, 2011.
- "Foreign and Domestic Bodies: Sexual Anxieties and Desires at the Tokyo Olympics" in The East Asian Olympiads, 1934-2008: Building Bodies and Nations in Japan, Korea, and Japan, edited by William M. Tsutsui and Michael Baskett, 77-86. Leiden, The Netherlands: Global Oriental Ltd./Brill, 2011.
- Review of Christopher P. Hood, “Shinkansen: From Bullet Train to Symbol of Modern Japan” for The Social Science Japan Journal, no. 9 (October 2006).
- American Historical Association
- Association for Asian Studies
HIST 150 Roots: History - Nationalism and Empire
HIST 200 Introduction to the Study of History
HIST 218 World History Since 1600
HIST 218 World History Since 1600 (Ed)
HIST 240 East Asian Civilizations
HIST 312 Modern China 1839 - Now
HIST 328 Cold War Diplomacy in Asia
HIST 348 Modern Japan
HIST 498 Ind Sty:Hist Manhattan College
HIST 498 Independent Study
LLRN 203 Roots: History