Parisa Saboori, PHD
Parisa Saboori, PHD
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7851
Office : RLC 207
PHD, CUNY: City College
MS, CUNY: City College
BS, Bualisina University Iran
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, City University of New York 2011
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, City University of New York 2007
Traumatic Brian Injuries (TBI), Diffuse Axon Injuries (DAI), Manufacturing Design and Robotics.
- CFD: ”Arterial blood flow due to different Reynolds number or Boundary condition using finite element method" City College NY, Dec 2008
- Cell and Tissue “Cell and Tissue-Material Interaction: Modeling the Mechanical Properties of the Arterial Wall” Dec 2007
- Design and finite element analysis of” several elements of a GFI electric switch, using ANSYS” Leviton Company, Great Neck , NY, Jun 2007
- Nano mechanics “Mori- Tanaka Method to solve inclusion problem Average Stress in Matrix and Average Elastic Energy of Material with Misfiting Inclusion” City College NY, May 2006
- Design and fluid dynamic analysis of the” lubrication problem in eccentric and concentric bearing using GAMBET and FLUENT software” City College NY, Jan 2006
- Design and fluid dynamic analysis of the” suction (fan) mechanism (that is used as an attraction force) of a climbing robot using GAMBET and FLUENT software” Robotic project City College, NY, Feb 2006
- Courses: Manufacturing and material process, Static, Dynamics, Solid Mechanics and Introduction to engineering
- Administrator of NSF STEP Program
- Administrator for SimBuild 2010 Conference
- Mechanical Technician Manager (NIODC)
Publications & Professional Activities
- Saboori, P. Sadegh A. Material Modeling of the Head’s Subarachnoid Space. ScientiaIranica, Volume 18, Issue 6, December 2011, Pages 1492-1499
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2011d). Brain Subarachnoid Space Architecture: Histological approach. Proceedings of the International Mech. Engr. Congress and Exposition,(IMECE). Hyatt regency Denver and Colorado convection center.
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2011c). Mechanotransduction of External Load to the Brain: The Effect of Trabecular Architecture. American Biomedical Society (ABS). Long Beach, CA.
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2011b). Effect Of Trabecular Architecture On Transferring Load/Impact To The Brain: A Local Model Of Single Trabecula. Society of Biomedical Conference. Farmington, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2011a). Architecture and Histology of The Sub Arachnoid Space Trabeculae in The Brain. Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES). Hartford, CT.
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2010 e). The effect of SAS materials and modeling in transferring impact loads to the brain. Proceedings of the International Mech. Engr. Congress and Exposition, (IMECE). Vancouver, British Colombia.
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2010 d). Modeling of Subarachnoid Space and Trabeculae Architecture as it Relates to TBI. 16th US National Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. (USNCTAM). State College Pennsylvania: USNCTAM2010-887.
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2010 c). Histology and Trabecular architecture of the brain for modeling of Subarachnoid Space. Summer Bioengineering Conference (SBS). SBC2010-19379.
- Saboori, P., Germanier, C. and Sadegh, A. (2010 b). Mechanics of CSF flow through trabecular architecture in the Brain. The 26th Southern Biomedical engineering Conference (SBEC). College Park, Maryland.
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2010 a). Trabeculae Histology and Architecture for Modeling of Traumatic Brain Injuries. Junior Scientific Conference (JSC). Vienna, Austria.
- Saboori, P and Sadegh, A. (2009). Effect of Mechanical Properties of SAS Trabeculae in transferring Loads to the Brain. Proceedings of the International Mech. Engr. Congress and Exposition, (IMECE). Lake Buena Vista Florida: BED/ASME.
Honors & Awards
- Teaching Assistant Award base on ABET visit 2010
- The Arthur S. Goldstein Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award 2007
- The Mechanical Engineering Department Distinguished Academic Contribution Award 2006
- Sidney and Betty Shames Scholarship 2005
- The Mechanical Engineering Department Special Service Award 2005
ENGS 115 Introduction to Engineering
ENGS 206 Statics
ENGS 220 Dynamics
MECH 230 Introductory Solid Mechanics