Mohammad Naraghi, PHD
Mohammad Naraghi, PHD
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7367
Office : RLC 207
PHD, University of Akron
MS, University of Wales
BS, University of Tehran
Thermal analysis of rocket engines, sustainable building energy systems, solar energy, modeling of crystal growth furnaces, stochastic and probability methods in engineering, radiative heat transfer, and multi-mode transfer.
Publications & Professional Activities
- Naraghi, M.H., Harant, A. “Configuration of Building Facade Surface for Seasonal Selectiveness of Solar Irradiation—Absorption and Reflection,” Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol. 135, February 2013. [DOI: 10.1115/1.4006673]
- Seytier, C., and Naraghi, M.H., “Combined Convective-Radiative Thermal Analysis of Inclined Rooftop Solar Chimneys,” Journal of Solar Energy Engineering Vol. 135, February 2013. [DOI: 10.1115/1.4007090]
- Naraghi, M.H., and Dassonville, R., “Improved Correlations for Curvature Effects in Cooling Channels of Rocket Engines,” AIAA Publication 2012-3992, presented at the 48th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference & Exhibit 30 July - 01 August 2012, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Naraghi, M.H., Etienne, G., Solar Panel Orientation and Modeling Based on Hourly Clearness Index, Proceedings of the 2012 Energy Sustainability Conference & Fuel Cell Conference ESFuelCell2012 July 23-26, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Cellard du Sordet, R., and Naraghi, M.H., “Stack Effect Correlation for Rooftop Solar Chimneys,” ASME paper IMECE2011-63085, presented at the International Mechanical Engineering Congress, IMECE2011, November 11-17, Denver CO, USA.
- Naraghi, M.H., “A Demand Based Optimum Solar Panel Orientation,” ASME publication IMECE2010-37918, Proceeding of the International Mechanical Engineering Congress, Vancouver, British Columbia, November 12-18, 2010.
- DiValentin, J., Naraghi, M.H., “Effects of Cooling Channel Curvature and Aspect Ratio on the Coolant Secondary Flow and Heat Transfer,” to be presented at the 46th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, July 25-28, 2010.
- Naraghi, M.H., “Optimum Solar Panel Tilt Angle for Maximum Annual Irradiation,” IMECE2009-13018, Proceedings of the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Nov. 13-19, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- Fakheri, A., and Naraghi, M.H., “Non-Iterative Solution of Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations Using Spreadsheets,” Computers in Education Journal, Vol. 19, No.3, pp. 28-37, 2009.
- Naraghi, M.H.N., “VBA/EXCEL: An Alternative Computer Programming Tool for Engineering Freshman,” Computers in Education Journal, pp. 74-80, 2007.
Honors & Awards
- NASA/ASEE Summer Faculty Fellowship NASA Glenn Research Center, 1985, 1986, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995.
- NASA's Certificate of Recognition for development of a thermal model for rocket engines.
- ASME Fellow
- AIAA Associate Fellow
ASME Fellow, AIAA Associate Fellow, ASHRAE Member
- Integrated Intelligent Modeling, Design and Control of Crystal Growth Processes, ARPA/AFOSR, MURI Research Program, Grant No. F49620-95-0407. (Co-PI)
- Thermal Analysis of Rocket Engines, NASA Grants 3-759 and 3-892. (PI)
- Thermal Model for Predicting State of Cure in Tires, Firestone Research Laboratory Grant. (Co-PI)
- Heat Transfer in Rolling Tires, Firestone Research laboratory Grant. (Co-PI)
ENGG 611 Solar Energy Systems
ENGS 115 Introduction to Engineering
ENGS 116 Introduction to Engineering Computation
MECG 617 Solar Energy Sys Theor&Desgn
MECG 742 Advanced Study: Mechanical Engineering
MECG 746 Research Project in Mechanical Engineering
MECG 748 Thesis in Mechanical Engineering
MECH 318 Fluid Mechanics I
MECH 320 Special Topics: in Fluids
MECH 325 Heat Transfer
MECH 405 Thermal/Fluids Laboratory
MECH 408 Mechanical Engineering Projects I
MECH 436 Fundamentals of Engineering