Mark DeBonis, PHD
Mark DeBonis, PHD
Department : Mathematics
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7295
Office : RLC 2FL
PHD, University of California Irvin
BS, Other College
My research is in Computational Algebraic Geometry (eg. solving systems of equations of homogeneous degree n) and applications to Statistics and Machine Learning.
- Visiting Assistant Professor at Manhattan College (2009 - present)
- Associate Level 3 at Booz Allen Hamilton (2007 - 2009)
- Technical Sta_ Member at Los Alamos National Laboratory (2005 - 2007)
- Full-time Lecturer at UC, Irvine (2000 - 2004)
- Assistant Professor at Community College of Baltimore County, Essex (1998 - 2000)
- Lecturer at Towson University (1999 - 2000)
- Lecturer at University of Maryland, Baltimore County (1999).
- Lecturer at UC, Irvine (1995 - 1998)
- Instructor at Saddleback Community College (1991 - 1998)
- Post-Doctoral position at the Mathematical Institute in Florence, Italy (1994 - 1995).
- Lecturer at UC, Irvine (1991 - 1992)
- Instructor at the Art Institute of Southern California (1992)
Publications & Professional Activities
- On a class of doubly transitive omega-stable groups (with Borovik and Nesin) Journal of Algebra, April 15,1994, v. 165 #2, pp. 245-257.
- CIT-groups of _nite Morley rank (I) (with Borovik and Nesin) Journal of Algebra, April 15, 1994, v. 165#2, pp. 258-272.
- On split Zassenhaus groups of mixed characteristic and of _nite Morley rank (with Nesin) Journal of the London Mathematical Society, (2) 50 (1994) 430-439.
- On CN-groups of _nite Morley rank (with Nesin ) Journal of the London Mathematical Society, (2) 50 (1994) 532-546.
- Construction of omega-one categorical generalized n-gons that do not interpret an in_nite _eld (with Nesin) Journal of Symbolic Logic, June 1998, v. 63 #2
- Split BN-pairs of rank two and of _nite Morley rank (with Nesin) submitted to Communications in Algebra.
- An Introduction to Linear Algebra, in preparation.
- A new class of projective planes (with Nesin), in preparation.
- Fundamentals of Abstract Algebra, text in preparation.
- On skew error ellipses, in preparation.
- Modeling data of unbounded skewness, in preparation.
- Projection Pursuit for Higher Order Statistics, submitted to the J. of the American Statistical Association.
- Another Way to Solve Multinomial Equations, submitted to the J. of Symbolic Computation.
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in Teaching Award at UC, Irvine (2002)
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship (Italian National Council of Research), Math. Institute in Florence, Italy (1994-95).
- UC, Irvine Math Department's Teacher's Assistant of the Year (1990-91 academic year).
- Graduate Representative for the Physical Science Steering Committee at UC, Irvine (1988-89 academic year).
- Regents Scholarship at UC, Irvine, (1986-87 academic year).
- Elected to Delta Epsilon Chi society upon graduation at Biola University (1984).
- National Dean's List (1981-84).
- Biola University Scholarships (1981-84)
Painting (gouache and ink), Piano playing and composition (classical, jazz), Novel writing (young adult), Poetry writing
CMPT 464 Topics in Computer Science
MATH 100 Pre Calculus Mathematics
MATH 100 Pre-Calculus Mathematics
MATH 103 Calculus I
MATH 104 Calculus II
MATH 201 Calculus III
MATH 203 Differential Equations
MATH 313 Analysis I
MATH 462 Topics: in Mathematics
MATH 469 Ind Sty:Intro to Rep Theor Alg
MATH 469 Independent Study