Department : Mathematics
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7295
Office : RLC 2FL
PHD, University of California Irvin
BS, Other College
My research is in Computational Algebraic Geometry (eg. solving systems of equations of homogeneous degree) and applications of Statistics to Machine Learning.
- Assistant Professor at Manhattan College (2012 - present)
- Visiting Assistant Professor at Manhattan College (2009 - 2011)
- Associate Level 3 at Booz Allen Hamilton (2007 - 2009)
- Technical Sta_ Member at Los Alamos National Laboratory (2005 - 2007)
- Full-time Lecturer at UC, Irvine (2000 - 2004)
- Assistant Professor at Community College of Baltimore County, Essex (1998 - 2000)
- Lecturer at Towson University (1999 - 2000)
- Lecturer at University of Maryland, Baltimore County (1999).
- Lecturer at UC, Irvine (1995 - 1998)
- Instructor at Saddleback Community College (1991 - 1998)
- Post-Doctoral position at the Mathematical Institute in Florence, Italy (1994 - 1995).
- Lecturer at UC, Irvine (1991 - 1992)
- Instructor at the Art Institute of Southern California (1992)
Publications & Professional Activities
1. On a class of doubly transitive omega-stable groups (with Borovik and Nesin) J. Algebra, April 15, 1994, v.
165 #2, pp. 245-257.
2. CIT-groups of nite Morley rank (I) (with Borovik and Nesin) J. Algebra, April 15, 1994, v. 165 #2, pp.
3. On split Zassenhaus groups of mixed characteristic and of nite Morley rank (with Nesin) J. London
Mathematical Society, (2) 50 (1994) 430-439.
4. On CN-groups of nite Morley rank (with Nesin) J. London Mathematical Society, (2) 50 (1994) 532-546.
5. Construction of omega-one categorical generalized n-gons that do not interpret an innite eld (with Nesin)
J. Symbolic Logic, June 1998, v. 63 #2
6. The Maximal Direction Of Any Nth Order Moment International J. of Mathematics and Statistics
2014, Volume 15, Issue 2
7. Using Skew for Classiers, International J. of Pattern Recognition and Articial Intelligence, 2015,
Volume 29, Number 03.
8. Epidermal Browning of Saguaro Cacti (Carnegiea gigantea): Results over a four-year period (with L. Evans),
Journal of the Torrey Botanical Society, to appear.
9. Another Way to Solve Multi-polynomial Equations, submitted to Communication in Computer Algebra
10. Modeling Data of Unbounded Skew (with I. Gerhardt), in preparation
Honors & Awards
- Summer Research Grant at Manhattan College (2014)
- Excellence in Teaching Award at UC, Irvine (2002)
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship (Italian National Council of Research), Math. Institute in Florence, Italy (1994-95).
- UC, Irvine Math Department's Teacher's Assistant of the Year (1990-91 academic year).
- Graduate Representative for the Physical Science Steering Committee at UC, Irvine (1988-89 academic year).
- Regents Scholarship at UC, Irvine, (1986-87 academic year).
- Elected to Delta Epsilon Chi society upon graduation at Biola University (1984).
- National Dean's List (1981-84).
- Biola University Scholarships (1981-84).
Manhattan College Summer 2014 Research Grant
Painting (gouache and ink), Piano playing and composition (classical, jazz), Novel writing (young adult), Poetry writing
CMPT 464 Machine Learning
MATH 100 Pre Calculus Mathematics
MATH 154 Business Calculus
MATH 185 Calculus I
MATH 186 Calculus II
MATH 187 Calculus I Honors
MATH 188 Calculus II Honors
MATH 272 Linear Algebra I
MATH 285 Calculus III
MATH 286 Differential Equations
MATH 287 Calculus III Honors
MATH 313 Analysis I
MATH 331 Probability
MATH 462 Machine Learning
MATH 491 Nonlinear Optmization