Sr. Joan Harnett
Sr. Joan Harnett
Department : Mathematics
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7990
Office : RLC 2FL
PHD, SUNY University at Albany
MS, New York Inst. of Tech.
BS, Le Moyne College
Using Monte Carlo Methods to determine Plant Cover
Publications & Professional Activities
- "Monte Carlo Simulation of One Dimensional Hard Particle Systems", Joan Harnett, OP and Marvin Bishop, Computers in Education Journal. Vol .XVIII NO. 1 January-March 2008.
- "Procedures to Determine the Amount of Plant Cover in Field Plots", Lance S. Evans, Sr. Joan Harnett and Zella Kahn-Jetter, Environmental and Experimental Botany (EEB), Vol. 58, Issues 1-3, December 2006.
- "Changes in Scale and Bark Stem Surface Injuries and Mortality Rates of a Saguaro Cacti (Carnegiea gigantean, Cactaceae) Population in Tucson Mountain Park", Lance S. Evans, April Jan B.Young and Sr. Joan Harnett, Canadian Journal of Botany, Vol. 83, No. 3, March 2005.
- "The Behavior of the Form Factor in Two Dimensions for Linear Polymers in Different Regimes", Joan Harnett, OP, Marvin Bishop, Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol.120, No. 3, Jan 15, 2004.
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Lasallian Educator 2008-2009
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- The Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Manhattan College Summer Grant 2011
- New York University Faculty Resource Network Winter, 2008, San Juan, PR
CMPE 202 Introduction to Computer Engineering
CMPT 102 Computer Science II
CMPT 121 Computer Applications for Life Sciences
CMPT 258 Database Systems I
CMPT 358 Database Systems II
CMPT 468 Topics in Computer Science
CMPT 469 Independent Study
EECE 202 Intro To Computer Programming
MATH 425 Operations Research