Department : Mechanical Engineering
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7405
Office : RLC 207
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Strathclyde (UK)
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering from University of Southampton (UK)
Dr. Walker has worked at Manhattan College more than 20 years, and is currently conducting research in the area of biomechanics specifically on various orthodontic projects and one long term study that is examining Shaken Baby Syndrome. He has also been a consultant on various projects that have included system failure issues, testing protocols, and signal data analysis.
In the past, Dr. Walker did research on rocket nozzle design, which involved obtaining blast and sound wave data and processing the signals to extract salient pressure wave information. His work in signal processing introduced him to the field of system dynamics with an emphasis on instrumentation and robot sensors.
- Biomechanics of Orthodontics and Tooth Movement
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
Consulting: Data Technologies Inc., Consolidated Edison.
Member of ASME and Sigma Xi Honor Society
Publications & Professional Activities
- WALKER, G. (2014), “Statistical Product Control,” Fuel Fabrication Process Handbook, ANT International.
- Maestre, M.E., Nicolay, O.F., WALKER, G., Levi, M., and Cisneros, G.J. (2012), "Dental Varnish and their Impact on Enamel Demineralization and Bacterial Inhibition: an in vivo Model,” Orthodontic Practice, Vol. 4, No. 2.
- Ryan, R., WALKER, G., Freeman, K., and Cisneros, G. J. (1997), "The Effects of Ion Implantation upon the Rate of Tooth Movement: An in vitro Model," American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Vol.112, No. 1, pp. 64-68.
- Mosier, C.T., Yelle, J., and WALKER, G. (1997) "Survey of Similarity Metrics Applied to the Group Technology Cell Configuration Problem," Omega: International Journal of Management Science, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 65-79.
- Bassett, J. and WALKER, G. (1995), "A Split Image Vision Sensor,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, Vol. 117, No. 1, pp. 94-101.
- Tang, J. and WALKER, G. (1995), "The Variable Structure Control of A Pneumatic Actuator," ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 117, No.1, pp. 88-92.
- WALKER, G. (1991), "The Variable Structure Control of Non-simple Input Systems," International Journal of System Science, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 2361-2376.
- WALKER, G., Salem, N., Varghese, M., Fuchs, A., and Mukundan, R. (1991), “Instabilities in the feedback linearization of a double inverted pendulum,” IEEE International Conference on Systems Engineering, August.
- Sakal, R.L., Chow, J.G., and WALKER, G. (1991), "An Integrated System for the Machining of Sculptured Surfaces," Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computer-aided Production Engineering, August.
- Sakal, R.L., Chow, J.G., and WALKER, G. (1991), "A Semigenerative Computer-aided Fixture Design System using AutoCAD and a CAD Fixturing Database," Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computer-aided Production Engineering, August.
Honors & Awards
SAE Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award Winner 1992
U.S. Patent 6,247,234: Razor and Blade, Inventors James L. Hill and Graham Walker
- ENGS115: Introduction to Engineering
- ENGS201: Material Science
- ENGS206: Statics
- ENGS220: Dynamics
- ENGS230: Solid Mechanics
- MECH211: Graphical Communication
- MECH311: System Dynamics
- MECH312: Mechatronics
- MECH323: Machine Design
- MECH332: Finite Element Analysis
- MECH336: Manufacturing
- MECH401/402: Senior Design
- MECH405: Thermal/Fluids Laboratory
- MECH407: Advanced Strength of Materials
- MECH411: Vibration
- MECH446: Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- ENGS620: Applied Instrumentation
- ENGG652: Project Management
- ENGG654: Quality Engineering
- MECG605: Flight Mechanics
- MECG702: Gas Dynamics
- MECG723: Advanced Solid Mechanics