Elizabeth Kosky, Ph.D.
Elizabeth Kosky, Ph.D.
Department : Graduate Education
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7969
Office : MEM 431
EDD, University of Miami
MA, Manhattan College
MS, Fordham University
BA, Manhattanville College
- Final Reports. District 20 Multilingual Bilingual Program – Title VII. Board of Education of the City of New York. 1982-1984.
- Final Report. ESAA Magnet Programs. Board of Education of the City of New York. 1982-83.
- Final Report. Non-Public Schools Component for Transitional Aid to Refugee Students. Board of Education of the City of New York. 1982-1983.
- Final Report. District 20 Multilingual Early Childhood Bilingual Program – Title VII. Board of Education of the City of New York. 1983.
- Final Reports. Non-Public Schools Bilingual Program – Title I – ESEA. Board of Education of the City of New York. 1978-1982.
- 2004-Present: Manhattan College, Director of Graduate Childhood/Special Education Programs
- 1990 – 2004: Manhattan College, Director of Graduate Education Programs
- 1993-1997: Manhattan College, Chair of the Education Department
- 1983-1989: New York City Board of Education, Consultant, Special Education
- 1981-1982: Yonkers Public Schools, Consulting Psychologist, Special Education
- 1980-1986: New York City Board of Education, Board of Examiners, Consultant, Examiner and Test Preparation for Special Education, Counseling and School Psychology Examinations
- 1970-Present: Manhattan College, School of Education Faculty
- 1967-1969: New Rochelle Public Schools, School Psychologist
- 1966-1967: Yonkers Public Schools, School Psychologist
- 1963-1966: Yonkers Public Schools, Elementary Teacher
- Consulting School Psychologist for Psycho-educational screening for Cathedral College. 1984-1990.
- Consultant for Psycho-educational Assessment for St. Joseph’s Seminary. 1987-1990.
- Consultant Examiner and test preparation for special Education, Counseling and School Psychology Examinations. Board of Examiners of the New York City Board of Education. 1980-1989.
- Consultant School Psychologist to the Yonkers Board of Education for Magnet Programs. 1986.
- Consultant Evaluator. Non-Public School Bilingual and Special Education programs Title I – EESA and Title VII. New York City Board of Education. 1978-1984.
- Consultant for the Gifted and Talented Special Education Program. Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES). 1979-1980.
- Consultant Psychologist. Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES). 1979-1980.
- Consulting Psychologist. Catholic Learning Center. 1979-1980.
- Consulting Psychologist. St. Vincent’s Home. 1978.
- Consultant. Guidance Department for the Bellmore- Merrick Central High School. 1978.
- Consultant Human Relations and Curriculum Specialist to the Meridian Mississippi Public Schools. First year of school integration. Sponsored by HEW – Integration Center. 1970-1971.
- Consultant School Psychologist to Lincoln Hall for adolescents who have been adjudicated by the Family Courts of New York State.
- Member of the New York State Steering Committee for the New York State Teacher Opportunity Corps
- Member of the Board for the John J. O’Connor Special Education School for the New York Archdiocese
- Member of the Advisory Committee for Special Education for the New York Archdiocese.
- Member of Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
- Member of Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Lasallian Educator – 1994-1995
- Kappa Delta Pi Educator’s Award – 1995
- Lasallian Bonus Et Fidelis Medal – 1995
- Kappa Delta Pi Point of Excellence Award – 1992
- Doctoral Dissertation Honors
- Film – You’re Not Listening (Learning Disabilities – A Public Service Film for Educators) 16mm color film. Teletronics Film Production. CIBA 1976. Role: Educational and Psychological Consultant. Endorsed by American Board of Pediatrics. The following awards were received: Golden Eagle (awarded from CINE 1977), First Prize (American Medical Writers Association), Gold Medal (New York International Television and Film Festival), Silver “CINDY” Award (Informational Film Producers Association), Special Jury Award (San Francisco Film Festival), Certificate of Creative Excellence (United States Industrial Film Festival).
- Development. In conjunction with Teacher Leader Quality Programs (TLQP) Title II, Part A, Subpart 3 – Higher Education Partnership Grants. Proposal submitted to New York State Education Department Bureau of Professional Career Opportunity Programs. Funded 2003-2009. Manhattan College Coordinator.
- Howard Hughes Outreach Grant. Proposal submitted to the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Funded, 2002-2006. Funding amount $45,242.00. Outreach Coordinator.
- Yonkers High School Inclusion Project. Proposal submitted to the Yonkers Public Schools. Funded 2003-2005. Author and Project Director.
- Yonkers Elementary - Middle School Inclusion Project. Proposal submitted to SETRC. Funded 2003-2005. Author and Project Director.
- Connections: A Collaborative In Service Professional Development Standards Based Interdisciplinary Program to Improve Social Studies, Language Arts, Math, Science and Technology Instruction by Linking General, Bilingual and Special Education. Proposal submitted to Dwight D. Eisenhower Title IIA Professional Development Program. Funded, 1999-2002. Author and Project Director.
- Collegians, Community Kids and Computers: A Public/Private Learning Collaboration Grant. Proposal submitted to J.B. Snow Memorial Trust. Fall 1999-2001. Author and Project Director.
- Goals 2000 Education American Act Project. In collaboration with District 10 (PS 8, Bronx). Funded, 1997-98. College Liaison.
- Goals 2000 Education American Act Project. In collaboration with District 10 (PS 81, Bronx). Funded, 1997-98. College Liaison.
- BELL ATLANTIC Connections Project. Proposal submitted to NYNEX Excellence in Education. Funded, 1996-98. Author and Project Director.
- Scholarship program for bilingual special education teachers. Proposal submitted to the New York City Board of Education. Funded, 1991-1998. Author and Program Coordinator.
- Special Education Professional in Training Program. Proposal submitted to the New York City Board of Education. This scholarship programs was funded for 1992-1994. Author and Project Director.
- Adult Leadership Project in Housing and Agencies. Grant proposal submitted to HEW Title I of the Higher Education Act. Member of Advisory Committee of ALPHA. Wrote Evaluation design and evaluated the project. School of General Studies. Funded. 1973-1976.
- Resource Room for Language-Impaired Students. Grant proposal submitted to New York State Bureau of the Handicapped. Preparation of proposal and evaluation design. Author. Funded. 1974-1975.
- Author of the Special Education Undergraduate and Graduate New York State registered program at Manhattan College.
- Author of the Five Year Childhood Special Education New York State registered program at Manhattan College.
- Author of the Bilingual Special Education Graduate New York State registered program at Manhattan College.
- Author, coordinator and psychologist for the Experimental District-Wide Kindergarten Screening Program. City of New Rochelle, 1967-1968.
- Relationship with Public School 76 The Bennington School (Bronx, NY) was strengthened by the onsite professional development courses and student teaching placements 2002-present.
- Partnership with the Archdiocese of New York Schools was strengthened. Catholic school teachers were admitted into M.S. Ed. program funded by TLQP grant.
- Implementation of Howard Hughes Medical Institute collaboration between School of Science, School of Education and practitioners in the field. Collaboratively designed courses entitled Physical Science for the At Risk and Disabled and Life Science for the At Risk and Disabled was offered 2003-2005.
- Collaboration with Yonkers Public Schools and Yonkers Special Education Training Resource Centers (SETRC) – Inclusion Training for Elementary Teachers – Inclusion Institute.
- Partnership with the Yonkers Public Schools was strengthened. An Inclusion Workshop was offered in June 2004 and Inclusion Institute in July 2004 for Yonkers teachers.
- Collaboration with New York City Department of Education Region I and II (Bronx) and Yonkers Public Schools was extended by the Teacher Opportunity Corps (TOC) and Teacher leader Quality Partnership (TLQP) grants.
- An outreach initiative was strengthened with the Ryeneck School System. Five Year students completed their student teaching internship while serving as teacher assistants. The course 761 – Telecommunications for At Risk and Disabled Students was offered in the district for Ryeneck teachers and administrators.
- Partnership with the Yonkers Public Schools was extended by the funding of the Mathematics grant in collaboration with the Mathematics department.
- Undoing Racism Workshop – 2008
- New York Consortium for Professional Development – 2007/2008
- NYS Education Department – Teacher Leader Quality Partnership Meeting – 2007-2008
- NYS Education Department – Teacher Opportunity Corps Program – 2007-2008
- Data-Driven Decision Making for Student Achievement - 2006
- Student Achievement Grounded in Equity (SAGE) - 2004
- Data Not Guesswork - 2004
- Generating Expectation for Student Achievement for Parents (GESA for Parents) -2003
- Qualitative Research Strategies - 2003
- Framework for Poverty (Ruby Payne) - 2003
- Advanced GESA - 2003
- N-Core Equity Training Institute – Examining Whiteness in the Classroom - 2003
- Generating Expectations for Student Achievement (GESA) - 2002
- Data Strategies - 2002
- Team Building – 2002
- EDUC 418 Seminar, Observation and Student Teaching in Elementary School, Grades 1-3
- EDUC 438 Seminar, Observation and Student Teaching in Elementary School, Grades 4-6
- EDUG 778 Nature and Needs of the Exceptional Individual
- EDUG 805 Integrated Learning I: Social Studies and Language Arts Instruction for the At Risk/Disabled Student
- EDUG 815 Curriculum, Assessment and Methods of Teaching English as a Second Language in Gen and Spe Ed
- EDUG 820 Consultation in the Schools
- EDUG 856 Supervised Fieldwork:General and Special Education
- EDUG 858 Seminar, Observation and Internship in Special Education (5 year Program)
- EDUG 863 Seminar/Internship in Teaching:General and Special Education
- EDUG 888 Independent Study in Research
- EDUG 896 Concepts of Wellness