Deirdre O'Leary Cunningham
Deirdre O'Leary Cunningham
Department : English
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7541
Office : MEM 420
PHD, CUNY: The Graduate Center
MA, CUNY Hunter College
MPHIL, Trinity College - Dublin
BA, Mary Washington College
Contemporary Women Dramatists, Political Theatre, Contemporary Irish and British Theatre and Performance
Publications & Professional Activities
Articles and Essays:
"Enda Walsh." A Critical Biographical Essay. British Dramatists XXII. Ed. Jay Parini. Farmington Hills, MI: Thomson-Gale, 2015.
"The Auld Sod: Staging the Diaspora at the 1897 Irish Fair in New York City." eKeltoi: Interdisciplinary Journal of Irish Studies 1, Diaspora: 3 (2013): 93-124.
"Purchasing Power: Consumerism and the Function of America in the works of Marie Jones." The Theatre of Marie Jones: Telling Stories from the Ground Up. Eds Eugene McNulty and Tom Maguire. Dublin: Carysfort Press, 2015. 73-90.
“Nicky Silver.” A Critical Biographical Essay. American Writers Supplement XXIV. Ed. Jay Parini. Farmington Hills, MI: Thomson-Gale, 2013.
“Marketing the North in John Byrne’s The Border Itself.” Irish Studies Review, 12: 2 (August 2004): 191-199.
“No Go/New Show: Staging Belfast in The Wedding Community Play and Convictions” Foilsiu: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Irish Studies 6:1 (Spring 2008): 57-78.
Rev. of Immersive Theatres, by Josephine Machon. Theatre Survey (forthcoming).
Rev. of Dissident Dramaturgies: Contemporary Irish Theatre, by Eamonn Jordan and Theatre & Ireland, by Lionel Pilkington. Theatre Survey 53.2 (2012): 347-350.
Rev. of The Provocation of the Senses in Contemporary Theatre, by Stephen Di Benedetto. Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism 26.2 (2012): 232-234.
Rev. of Performance and the City, Eds D.J. Hopkins, Shelley Orr, and Kim Solga. Theatre Journal 63.2 (2011): 285-286.
- World of Theatre: Tradition and Innovation (Instructor Manual) by Mira Felner and Claudia Orenstein. Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2005.
- Performance Review, The Playboy of the Western World, Abbey Theatre on tour, New York University Skirball Center, Theatre Journal, 57:2 (May 2005).
- Rev. of The Theatre of Marina Carr: Before Rules Was Made, Ed. Anna McMullan. Theatre Journal 56: 4 (Winter 2004).
- Rev. of The Girls in the Big Picture: New Voices in Ulster Theatre, by Imelda Foley. Foilsiu: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Irish Studies, 4:1 (Spring 2004).
- Rev. of Theatre of Conscience 1939-1953: A Study of Four Touring Community Theatres, New England Theatre Journal, 2004.
- Performance Rev. of Hughie, Trinity Repertory Theatre, Providence, Rhode Island, Eugene O’Neill Review, 26 (2004).
ENGL 110 College Writing
ENGL 110 College Writing (Ed) (LL)
ENGL 110 College Writing-EDUC
ENGL 260 Comedy and Tragedy
ENGL 276 Introduction to Drama
ENGL 280 Irish Literary Revival
ENGL 306 Introduction to Literary Study
ENGL 361 Masterpieces of British Drama
ENGL 399 Independent Study
ENGL 400 The Theater and the City