David Bollert, PHD
David Bollert, PHD
Department : Philosophy
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7138
Office : DLS 433
PHD, Boston College
MA, St. John's College
BA, Michigan State University
- Greek Philosophy
- 20th Century Continental Philosophy
- Philosophy of Literature
- Political Philosophy
- Philosophical Practice and Counseling
- Manhattan College, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, 2006 – present.
- Manhattan College, Visiting Professor of Philosophy, 2005 – 2006.
- Mentor, Collegium Annual Summer Colloquy on Faith and Intellectual Life, 2008 and 2010.
- Member of the Board of Directors, Collegium, 2010 – present.
Publications & Professional Activities
- "The Wonder of Humanity in Plato's Dialogues." Kritike 4 (2010): 174-198.
- “Socratic Wonder and Philosophical Counseling.” Philosophical Practice 5:1 (2010): 576-587.
- “The Wonder of Humanity in Plato’s Dialogues.” Invited Keynote Address for the Fifth Annual Duquesne University Graduate Philosophy Conference, 2011.
- "When Two are Better than One: Socratic Solitude and Homeric Camaraderie in Plato's Symposium." Association for Core Texts and Courses, 2011.
- “The Call of Wonder: Vocation, Faith, and Education.” Collegium Summer Colloquy, College of Holy Cross, 2008 and 2010.
- American Philosophical Association
- Society of Existentialism and Phenomenological Philosophy
- American Philosophical Practitioners Association
- The Association for Core Texts and Courses
- Co-coach, Manhattan College Debate Team, 2005 – present.
- Moderator, Phi Sigma Tau, Manhattan College, 2007 – present.
- Associate, Manhattan College Center for Professional Ethics, 2009 – present.
- Instructor, Summer Literacy Institute, Manhattan College, 2010 and 2011.
LLRN 102 Classical Origins: West Culture
LLRN 205 Roots: Philosophy
PHIL 150 Roots: Philosophy
PHIL 215 Ancient Greek Philosophy
PHIL 230 Philosophy of Law
PHIL 323 Nietzsche
PHIL 334 Existentialism
PHIL 335 20th Century Philosophy
PHIL 399 Topics: in Philosophy
RELS 200 Special Topic: in Religion