Daniel Collins, PHD
Daniel Collins, PHD
Department : English
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7498
Office : MGL 421
PHD, Indiana U. of Pennsylvania
MA, University of North Carolina
BA, SUNY Buffalo
Composition Theory, Cultural Studies, Rhetoric, Ethics, Public Health
Publications & Professional Activities
- "Vocabularies Clashing: 'The Fragmented Generation' Describes Itself." The Journal of College and Character Vol 12.1 (2011).
- "Culture Jammin': Using Primary and Secondary Discourses in the Composition Classroom." Journal of Teaching Writing Vol 23.1 (2007).
- "Writing to Connect Through Paired Courses." The WAC Journal 15 (2004).
- With Betsy Ervin: "Writing Against Time: Students Composing 'Legacies' in a History Conscious City." City Comp: Identities, Spaces, Practices. Albany, NY: SUNY P, 2003. 38-56.
- "The Great Work: Recomposing Vocationalism and the Community College Curriculum." Beyond English, Inc: Curricular Reform in a Global Economy. Edited by David B. Downing, Claude Mark Hurlbert, and Paula Mathieu. Heinemann: Portsmouth, NH: 2002. 194-203.
- "Audience in Afrocentric Rhetoric: Promoting Human Agency and Social Change." Alternative Rhetoric: Challenges to the Rhetorical Tradition. Edited by Laura Gray-Rosendale and Sibylle Gruber. Albany, New York: Suny P., 2001. 185-200.
- With Robert C. Sutton: "Rhetoric as Commitment: Ethics and Everyday Life." Teaching English in the Two-Year College. September 2001: 43-56.
- With others: "Between Apocalypse and Eutopia: Narrative In and Out of Cyberspace" Works and Days 17/18 (1999/2000): 453-85.
Teagle Foundation College Community Connections Grant, 2009-2011, $240,000.00
Teagle Foundation College Community Connections Grant, 2012-2014, $270,000.00
ENGL 110 College Writing
ENGL 110 College Writing-(Educ Only)
ENGL 110 College Writing-Arches
ENGL210 Exposition and Argumentation
ENGL 326 Advanced Composition
ENGL 332 Theories of Composition
ENGL 333 Grammar and Writing
ENGL 395 Senior Seminar (The Rhetoric of Truth and Lies)