Corine Fitzpatrick, PHD
Corine Fitzpatrick, PHD
Department : Graduate Education
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7497
Office : DLS 439
PHD, Columbia University
MA, Fordham University
BA, Beaver College
Manhattan College, School of Education: Program Director for Graduate Programs in Counseling.
Teach courses on graduate level; Supervise graduate students. Taught classes on undergraduate level; advised mathematics and social studies secondary ed. majors. Chair of the Council for Faculty Affairs (2004-2006). Developed and continue to direct the Optimal College outreach program, in which MC students provide outreach services to In Tech Academy, a local church, a community center, and other schools. The model includes MC students providing direct services to K-12 students, and/or working directly with teachers and counselors.
Assistant Professor: Western Conn. State Univ., Educational Psychology Dept.; taught graduate courses in Counseling and Educational Psychology; integrally involved in CACREP and Ct. NCATE accreditation process.
Private Practice. Emphasis on children, adolescents, young adults, including assessment, learning difficulties, school and personal problems; assessment for Educational Records Bureau and Board of Education, New York City.
Adjunct Professor. School Psychology Doctoral Program Pace University. Taught Advanced Development and Theories and Applications of Learning.
Manhattan Psychiatric Hospital. Responsibilities included evaluation, treatment cases and consulting on hospital based school team; residential adult and adolescent clients
Rose F. Kennedy Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center of the Albert Einstein Hospital. Responsibilities included evaluation, treatment cases of at risk children, adolescents and adults with disabilities.
Intern - Psychologist. Pomona Junior High School. Psychological, educational evaluations, counseling, school consulting. Taught 7th-8th grade Social Studies and Remedial Reading Group.
Counselor. Dominican Academy, New York City.
Director of Counseling Services. Taught Physics
Counselor, Teacher, Assistant Prin. Notre Dame School, New York City
Director of Counseling and School Psychological Services: supervision of counselors, social worker, psychologists. Some special projects included: 1) initiation and implementation of Teacher Advisor Program, 2) implementation of ADDAP, a state funded substance abuse prevention program, 3) initiation and implementation of math program for gifted disadvantaged students. Chair, Mathematics Dept., Social Studies. Teacher: throughout employment period in all areas of mathematics;11th,12th grade Social Studies, Psychology. Assistant Principal (two yrs).
Teacher/Counselor. Brandeis High School: Mathematics, Social St. (afternoon sessions).
Associate, Lehman Bros: Mergers & Acquisitions Dept.
Publications & Professional Activities
- Fitzpatrick, C., Costantini, K. (2011). Counseling 21st Century Students for Optimal College Readiness. Routledge Press. June 2011.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2009). Optimizing Learning in a Technology Rich Environment: The Importance of Cognitive and Metacognitive Processing. In Gibson et al. (Eds.) Refereed Proceedings of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) International Conference 2009 (pp. 3636-3643). Chesapeake Va.: AACE.
- Fitzpatrick, C. & Lienert, C. (2009). Future direction for technology in schools.
- In W. Merriman & A. Nicoletti (Eds.), Using Technology in 21st Century Schools. (pp. 168-187). Washington, DC: National Catholic Educational Association.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2008). Optimizing learning for today’s student in a technology rich environment. In W. Merriman & A. Nicoletti (Eds.), Understanding and teaching today's students. pp. 89 - 107. Washington, DC: National Catholic Educational Association.
- Fitzpatrick, C. & McLaughlin, J (2007). A look at the Microsoft Summer Challenge Program: An evaluation report to Microsoft Corporation and the In-Tech Academy. (pgs. 1-18). Solicited and reviewed by school – corp. technology partners. Technical report evaluating a school – corporation student technology program.
- Fitzpatrick, C. & Mucciardi, M. * (2005). Learning with interactive multimedia:nCharacteristics of its impact in three different environments. In M. L. Price & S. Schaffer (Eds.), Interactive convergence: Critical issues in multimedia. (pgs. 209-228). Oxford, United Kingdom: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2005). A Review of the Adolescent-Adult Sensory Profile. In B. S. Plake & R. A. Spies (Eds.), The Mental Measurements Yearbook Series: Vol. 16. Lincoln, NE: The Buros Institute of Mental Measurements. Solicited and reviewed by the editors. 3 pgs.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2004). TITAN Grant Performance Final Report. Research report submitted in partial fulfillment of U.S. Department of Education $1.75 million PT3 grant to School of Education (2000-2004). Solicited and reviewed by U.S. Department of Education. Technical report was published on U.S. Dept. of Ed. website for 2 years.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2003). A Review of the Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function. In J.C. Impara, B. S. Plake & R. A. Spies (Eds.), The Mental Measurements Yearbook Series: Vol. 15. Lincoln, NE: The Buros Institute of Mental Measurements. Solicited and reviewed by the editors. 3 pgs.
- Fitzpatrick, C. & Mucciardi, M. (2003). Breaking Ground in Technology Development: A School/College Partnership Focusing on the infusion of Standards-Based Technologies into Practice. ERIC publication, 10 pages. ED468153.
- Fitzpatrick, C., Mucciardi, M. *, Musal, R*. & Nicholson, K. (2001). TITAN: Transforming Instruction through Technology and Networking. ERIC publication, 23 pages. ED461656.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2001). The AIMM (Assessment of Individual Mathematical Metacognition). Educational Testing Service Test Collection, Fall, 2001. Also available on-line: http://ericae.net/testcol.htm. 44 pages. Princeton: Educational Testing Service.
- Fitzpatrick, C., & Wolpert, G. (2001). Kids, Computers and Collegians. March, 2001. ERIC publication, 20 pages. ED451172.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2000). A Review of the RAND – 36 Health Status Inventory.
- To appear in: Impara, J. & Plake, B, Eds. The Mental Measurements Yearbook Series . 2000-2 001. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Buros Institute of Mental Measurements.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2000). A Review of the PREPARE/ENRICH: an assessment of preparedness for and during marriage . To appear in: Impara, J. & Plake, B, Eds. The Mental Measurements Yearbook Series . 2000-2001. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Buros Institute of Mental Measurements.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2000). A Review of Twenty Revolutionary Studies. Review for Pearson Education Division of Prentice Hall. July 20th, 2000.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2000). Report to Jonas Bronck Academy on Science Assessment Survey. An analysis of grade and gender differences. 16 pages. Submitted in partial fulfillment of NASA grant to School of Science.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (1999). Students as Evaluators: examining Peer/Self Assessment and Self-Efficacy. CAAS: Clearinghouse for Counseling Assessment Studies . 13 pages. ERIC Reproduction Service: ED 435938.
- Fitzpatrick, C. & Potoczniak, M. (1999). Misperceptions of College Drinking Norms: An Exploratory Study of Gender and Grade Level Differences. Clearinghouse for Studies in Higher Education. 13 pages. ERIC Reproduction Service: ED 435372.
Fitzpatrick, C. (2009). Optimizing Learning in a technology Rich environment: the importance of cognitive and metacognitive processing. SITE 2009--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, Charleston, SC, March 2 – 6. 8 pages.
- Farley, R., Fitzpatrick, C., Tiffany, P. (2008). An Equation for Renewed Focus on Those Who Teach: s = u + 2p + t! (Success is achieved through understanding, passion, pedagogy and technology!). Presentation at the Faculty Resource Network National Symposium on Defining and Promoting Student Success. San Francisco, November 2008.
Fitzpatrick, C., Fairweather-Clunie, McMahon, C. A.* & O’Hara, J.* (2007). Breaking Ground in College Advisement: A School/College Collaboration to Ensure College Access and Success. Presentation at National Conference for Transforming School Counseling (NCTSC), Portland, OR, June, 2007.
- Bardwell, R. E., Fitzpatrick, C. & McGowan, A. S. (2004). College Admission Counseling: Resources to Expand School Counselor Competencies. Presentation at ACES (The Association for Counselor Educators), Springfield, MA, October, 2004.
Fitzpatrick, C. & Mucciardi, M. (2003). Learning with Interactive Media: Implications in Three Learning Environments. Presentation at International Conference on Interactive Media, Prague, August, 2003.
- Fitzpatrick, C. & Mucciardi, M., Drobnak, M., Joyce, M., Panov, V. * (2003). Presentation at National Educational Computing Conference on Applications of RealPresenter in a college setting. Seattle, June 2003
Fitzpatrick, C. & Mucciardi, M., Drobnak, M. * (2002). Infusing Technology into a College and K-12 school collaboration, San Antonio, Texas, 2002.
- Fitzpatrick, C. & Mucciardi, M. (2001). Transforming instruction: using teams of faculty, educators and technology consultants to learn technology and its application to education; Kappa Delta Pi National conference, Orlando, Fall, 2001
Fitzpatrick, C. (2001). Assessment and Appraisal for Counselors in Training: providing outreach services through training. Accepted for presentation at the American Counseling Association Annual National Convention. March, 2001.
- Fitzpatrick, C., & Wolpert (2001). Kids, Computers and Collegians. Presentation at the American Association for College Teachers of Education National Convention. March, 2001.
Fitzpatrick, C. & Rienti, L. (2000). A College Campaign to Reduce Misperceptions: using multimedia. Presentation at National Conference on Alcohol and Other abuse. Pittsburgh, Oct.
- Fitzpatrick, C. & Weld, K. (2000). A Mathematics Enrichment and Mentoring Program for Bronx Middle School Girls. Poster Session at The Mathematical Association of America Annual Conference, Jan. Wash., D.C.
Fitzpatrick, C. & Potozcniak, M. (1999). Misperceptions of College Norms about drinking and its effect on alcohol abuse. Presentation at National Conference on Alcohol and Other abuse. Albany, fall 1999.
- Colucci, M. & Fitzpatrick, C. (1999). Assessment of a Homeless Therapeutic Community. Presentation at the 38th International Convention for Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Vienna, Austria, August.
Fitzpatrick, C. (1999). Peer assessment in Counseling: a look at how students rate each other and at gender differences. National Conference for the Association of Counselor Educators and Supervisors. New Orleans, Jan.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (2000). A New Look at Assessment and Appraisal for Counselors; Learning through helping urban children. Presentation at the North Atlantic Research Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors (NARACES), Saratoga Springs, Fall 2000.
Fitzpatrick, C. (1998). Peer Assessment in a counseling practicum: a look at gender differences. Presentation of Research. North Atlantic Research Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors (NARACES) annual meeting, Maine, Oct. 1998.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (1997). Evaluating counselor-in-training style. Presentation of Research. North Atlantic Research Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (NARACES) annual meeting, Plattsburgh, Oct. 1997.
Fitzpatrick, C. (2000). A College Campaign to Reduce Misperceptions: from pilot study to campaign to reduction. Presentation at New York State Counseling Association, Fall. 2000.
- Fitzpatrick, C. (1996). Counseling adolescent girls about math: attributions tell the story. Presentation of Research. New York State Counseling Association Annual Meeting, Saratoga, Oct. 1996.
- American Psychological Association
- American Counseling Association
- Member of the New York Medical Corp
2011 – 2013
Optimizing Students Success for College. Proposal submitted to HESC with Young Women’s Leadership Initiative. $400,000. Pending.
2011 – 2017
GEAR – UP. Grant proposal with Bronx College Initiative. Manhattan College would be a partner supporting outreach and mentoring activities. Pending.
2009 – 2011
Optimal College Readiness (OCR). A grant proposal to the HESC and the U.S. Department of Education to further the development of counselors, teachers, and 6-12 students to utilize best practices to be optimally prepared for college. Funded: $400,000. PI. This grant is enabling the School of Education to further provide outreach services and professional development to local schools, a community center, and a local Methodist church.
Scholarship Programs for Special Education in teaching and Clinical Services and for related Services. Funded: $45,000/ year for 5 years. Co PI with Dr. Elizabeth Kosky. There is a serious need for Bilingual Counselors and Special Education educators in NYC. This grant is enabling the School of education to attract students committed to working with a diverse population in the city schools.
2000 – 2004
Transforming Instruction through Technology and Networking (TITAN). Grant proposal to U.S. Dept. of Education. Funded. Initiated development of proposal, developed partnerships and co-authored with Community District 10. Project Director; check site: www.manhattan.edu/~cfitzpat/titan). Funded – $2.2 million total – Us. Gov’t: $1.75 million.
2000 – 2001
The American Studies Workshop. Project to develop writing and reading skills using primary source documents in history. Grant proposal to Gilder Lehrman Foundation. Co-author with K. Costantini, Director of Gilder Lehrman American History Academy in New York City.
2000 – 2001
Grants for women in mathematics. Proposal to develop after school mathematics discovery experience for middle school girls including mentoring by college mathematics, science and engineering females. Mathematical Association of America & Tensor Foundation: Funding renewed. Grant will be extended to 1 more school. Co-author with Dr. Kathryn Weld. Powerpoint presentation on my web site: www.manhattan.edu/~cfitzpat).
2000 – 2001
Grants for women in Mathematics and science American Association of University Professors. Not funded. Co-author.
2000 – 2001
Sonia Kovalesky Days. Grant for Funding of Program for girls in mathematics and Science. Not funded. Co-Author.
1999 - 2000
Chess In The Schools. Mobil Grant. Proposal for Intensive chess program for Jonas Bronck School (middle school on college campus). July. Funding renewed. Author.
1999 – 2001
Misperceptions of College Norms about drinking and its effect on alcohol abuse. Grant proposal to Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse. Proposal funded. Co-author with Dr. C. Geary (Director of Counseling Center, Manhattan College). check presentation on my web site: www.manhattan.edu/~cfitzpat).
1999 – 2000
Grants for women in mathematics . Mathematical Association of America & Tensor Foundation. Proposal funded. Co-author.
1997 – 1999
Chess In The Schools. Proposal for funding for initial chess program at Jonas Bronck Academy (middle school on college campus). May. Funded. Author.
Created the Optimal College Readiness Center through a grant. The Center has been institutionalized by Manhattan College’s SOE and provides Manhattan College student services to local schools. College students from all majors work with urban city middle school and high school students to encourage them to succeed and go to College.
Certifications and Licenses
- New York State Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, New York State
- Member, New York Medical Reserve Corps.
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- Permanent Certification in New York State in:
- School Psychology – K-12
- School Counseling – 7-12
- Mathematics, Social Studies – 7-12
EDUG 732 Practicum in Counseling
EDUG 851 Data Analysis and Report Writing in Educational & Psychological Research