Charles Geisst, PHD
Charles Geisst, PHD
Department : Economics - Finance
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7242
Office : DLS 501
PHD, London School of Economics
MA, The New School
BA, University of Richmond
Publications & Professional Activities
- Editor, Encyclopedia of American Business History. Facts on File, 2005.
- Undue Influence: How the Wall Street Elite Put the Financial System at Risk. Wiley, 2004.
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre. Wiley, 2004.
- Chinese Translation, Wheels of Fortune, Beijing, 2004.
- Russian translation, Wall Street: A History, Moscow, 2004.
- Wall Street: A History. Revised and Expanded Edition. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Deals of the Century: Wall Street, Mergers, and The Making of Modern America. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2003. Named by the Australian Financial Review as one of the 101 Best Business Books of 2005.
- Wheels of Fortune: The History of Speculation From Scandal to Respectability. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002. Translated into Korean.
- The Last Partnerships: Inside the Great Wall Street Money Dynasties, New York: McGraw-Hill, 2001. Booklist selected The Last Partnerships as one of the ten best business books of 2001.
- “The Future of Wall Street,” New York Institute of Finance, New York, NY, December 2005.
- “Wall Street,” 92 Street Y, New York, NY, July 2004.
- “How Will Lazard Fare?” Wall Street Journal, 14 January 2002.
- “J.J. Astor,” in Paul Boyer, ed., The Oxford Companion to United States History, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 2001, page 53.
- “New York Stock Exchange,” in Paul Boyer, ed., The Oxford Companion to United States History, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 2001, page 748.
- “C. Vanderbilt,” in Paul Boyer, ed., The Oxford Companion to United States History, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 2001, p 801.
FIN 408 Financial Intermediaries
FIN 436 Multinational Finance
FIN 440 Advanced Topic in Finance
FIN 441 Finance Seminar
FIN 471 Finance Thesis Project I