Department : Computer Science
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7733
Office : RLC 203C
PHD, New Jersey Inst. of Tech.
Dr. Agrawal is the Assistant Chair and Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Manhattan College. He received his PhD in Computer Science from New Jersey Institute of Technology in 2013 where he worked in the Medical Informatics Lab from 2009 to 2013 and in the Remote Sensing Lab from 2008 to 2009 .
Ankur's research interests include medical ontologies and their auditing, object-oriented database, data mining and semantic web. He received the distinguished paper award at AMIA 2013 and another of his paper was among the finalists at MedInfo 2013.
- American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Publications & Professional Activities
- Agrawal A, Perl Y, Ochs C, Elhanan G, Algorithmic Detection of Inconsistent Modeling among SNOMED CT Concepts by Combining Lexical and Structural indicators, IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, 2015
- Tian T, Agrawal A, Quantifying the Relationship between Hit Count Estimates and Wikipedia Article Traffic, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 2015
- Masi A, Agrawal A, Developing a Search Algorithm and a Visualization Tool for SNOMED CT, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 2015
- Ochs C, Geller J, Perl Y, Chen Y, Agrawal A, Case J, Hripcsak G, A Tribal Abstraction Network for SNOMED CT Target Hierarchies without Attribute Relationships, Accepted for Publication, Journal of American Medical Informatics Association, 2014.
- Agrawal A, Elhanan G, Contrasting Lexical Similarity and Formal Definitions in SNOMED CT: Consistency and Implications, Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2014.
- Sanz, D, Agrawal A, Automated Menu Recommendation System Based on Past Preferences, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science & Applications, 2014.
- Agrawal A, Perl Y, Chen Y, Elhanan G, Liu M, Identifying inconsistencies in SNOMED CT problem lists using structural indicators, AMIA annual symposium proceedings, Washington D.C., November 2013.
- He Z, Ochs C, Agrawal A, Perl Y, Zeginis D, Tarabanis K, Elhanan G, A family-based framework for supporting quality assurance of biomedical ontologies in BioPortal, AMIA annual symposium proceedings, Washington D.C., November 2013.
- Agrawal A, Perl Y, Elhanan G, Identifying problematic concepts in SNOMED CT using a lexical approach, Studies in health technology and informatics (MedInfo), Copenhagen, September 2013.
- Agrawal A, He Z, Perl Y, Wei D, Halper M, Elhanan G, The readiness of SNOMED problem list concepts for meaningful use of electronic health records, Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, pp. 73-80, Jun 2013.
- Ochs C, Agrawal A, Perl Y, Halper M, Tu SW, Carini S, Sim I, Noy N, Musen M, Geller J, Deriving an abstraction network to support quality assurance in OCRe, AMIA annual symposium proceedings, Chicago, IL, pp. 681-689, November 2012.
- Agrawal A, Elhanan G, Halper M, Dissimilarities in the logical modeling of apparently similar concepts in SNOMED CT, AMIA annual symposium proceedings, Washington D.C., pp. 212-216, November 2010.
Honors & Awards
- Manhattan College Faculty Summer Grant 2014
- Distinguished research paper award at the 37th annual symposium of American Medical Informatics Association, Washington DC, 2013
- Nominated for best student paper award at the World Congress on Medical Informatics (MedInfo), Copenhagen, 2013
- ScienceDirect's Top 25 hottest articles in the field of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine for the period April to June 2013
- NJIT Presidential Leadership Award 2012
- NJIT Outstanding Graduate Class Award 2011
- Summer grants committee, Manhattan College, 2015 - present
- Chair search committee, Dept. of computer science, Manhattan College, 2015 - 2016
- Faculty search committee, Dept. of computer science, Manhattan College, 2015
- Faculty research committee, Manhatan College, 2014 - present
- Assistant Chair of Computer Science, Manhattan College, Aug 2014 - present
- Accreditation committee, Dept. of computer science, Manhattan College, 2013 - present
- Assessment committee, Dept. of computer science, Manhattan College, 2013 - present
- Strategic Planning Committee, Dept. of computer science, Manhattan College, 2013 - present
- Presidential inauguration committee, NJIT, 2012
- Presidential search committee, NJIT, 2011-12
- Shared governance committee, NJIT, 2011-12
- President of Graduate Student Association, NJIT, 2010-12
- CMPT 101 Computer Science I (Python)
- CMPT 102 Computer Science II (C++)
- CMPT 238 Data Structures
- CMPT 258 Database Systems(MySQL)
- CMPT 360 Object Oriented Design with Java
- CMPT 456 Software Engineering
- CMPT 463 Data mining
- CMPT 467 Networks
- CMPT 469 Independent Studies