Amira Annabi, PhD
Amira Annabi, PhD
Department : Economics - Finance
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7320
Office : DLS 404
I have joined Manhattan College as an assistant Professor of Finance in September 2012.
I earned a Bachelor of Science from the Superior Institute of Management, Tunisia; a Master of Sciences in Financial Engineering from HEC Montreal, Canada, and a PhD in Finance from HEC Montreal.
My research interests are in corporate finance, credit risk, valuation of corporate debt and game theory.
My papers were presented at numerous prestigious national and international conferences, and published in the Journal of Economic Dynamic and Control and the European Journal of Operational Research.
Assistant Professor of Finance, Manhattan College (2012-present)
Faculty Advisor, Jasper Investors (2012-present)
Lecturer and Research Assistant, HEC Montreal (2001-2005)
Publications & Professional Activities
Annabi A., Breton M. and François P., 2012. Resolution of Financial Distress under Chapter 11. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 36 (12), 1867-1887.
Annabi A., Breton M. and François P., 2012. Game Theoretic Analysis of Negotiation under Bankruptcy. European Journal of Operational Research, 221 (3), 603-613.
The Evaluation of Convertible Debts by Linear Complementarity Approach. Co-author M. Denault. Annual AFFI Conference, Hammamet, Tunisia. March 16-18, 2003.
Conferences and Seminars
- Seminar Series, Manhattan College, NY, United States. February 12, 2013.
- 2011 FMA Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, United States. October 19-22, 2011.
- 11e Conférence annuelle : Les Journées du CIRPÉE, Bécancour, Canada. October 7‐8, 2011.
- International Symposium of Dynamic Games, Banff, Canada. June 19-23, 2010.
- 2nd Financial Risks International Forum on "Risk Management & Financial Crisis", Paris, March 19‐20, 2009.
- The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis: Workshop on Dynamic Games in Economics, Rimini, 4‐5 December 2008
- 2008 FMA European Conference, Prague, Czech Republic. June 4-6, 2008.
- Seminar Series, Brock University, Canada. May 16 2008.
- 2007 FMA Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, United States. October 18-20, 2007.
- 2007 EFMA Annual Meeting, Vienna, Austria. June 27-30, 2007.
- HEC Montreal Internal Seminar, Montreal, Canada. May 9, 2007.
- 2006 Optimization Days, Montreal, Canada. May 9-10, 2006.
Honors & Awards
- Montreal Institute of Mathematical Finance (IFM2) Fellowship, 2004-2007. Awarded to top five Ph.D. students in Mathematical Finance in Montreal.
- Center for Research on E-Finance (CREF) Fellowship, 2004-2007. Awarded to selected Ph.D. students based on research and other academic qualifications.
- Alma Lepage Award, HEC Montreal, 2005. Awarded to the best female Ph.D. student at HEC Montreal to promote the “Advancement of Women in Management.”
- Tunisian Ministry of Education Ph.D. Scholarship, 2002-2005. National recognition awarded to top five Tunisian Ph.D. students in Finance.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Fellowship, 2001-2002. Awarded to selected M.Sc. students based on research and other academic qualifications.
- Tunisian Ministry of Education M.Sc. Scholarship, 2001-2002. National recognition awarded to top 10 Tunisian M.Sc. students in Finance.
New York Society of Security Analysts
Financial Management Association
FIN 301 Principles of Business Finance I
FIN 416 Options and Futures Markets
FIN 303 Quantitative Methods for Finance
FIN 308 Investments