Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) Scholarship
CHCI Scholarship Program Mission
The mission of CHCI Scholarship Program is to provide critical financial assistance that will increase graduation rates among Latino students in post-secondary education.
CHCI Scholarship Program Description
CHCI's scholarship opportunities are afforded to Latino students in the United States who have a history of performing public service-oriented activities in their communities and who demonstrate a desire to continue their civic engagement in the future. There is no GPA or academic major requirement. Students with excellent leadership potential are encouraged to apply.
CHCI scholarships provide recipients with a one time scholarship of:
- $1,000 to pursue an associate degree
- $2,500 to pursue an undergraduate degree
- $5,000 to pursue graduate-level study
Scholarship awards are intended to provide assistance with tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Full-time enrollment in a United States Department of Education accredited community college, four-year university, or graduate/professional program during the period for which scholarship is requested
- Demonstrated financial need
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- Strong writing skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.NOTE: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application