American Society of Naval Engineers Scholarship
Though rooted in tradition, a constant push for more power and efficiency, the application and development of cutting-edge technology, modern warfare and issues related to national security have aided the evolution of naval engineering. Today, naval engineering includes most engineering disciplines as they are applied to a naval specialty and has become a challenging and rewarding career field in high demand.
Eligible programs of study for ASNE scholarships include:
- Marine engineering,
- Ocean engineering,
- Mechanical engineering,
- Structural engineering,
- Civil engineering,
- Environmental engineering,
- Aeronautical engineering,
- Electrical engineering,
- Electronic engineering, and
- Other relevant military and civilian professions.
A combination of undergraduate scholarships ($3,000 per year) and graduate scholarships ($4,000 per year) are awarded each academic year.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Undergraduate candidates—Must be applying for support in their final year of an engineering program at an accredited undergraduate college or university.
Graduate candidates—May apply for support during one full year of a graduate program or co-op leading to an engineering or physical science degree at an accredited university.
Selection criteria includes the following:
- Academic record
- Work history
- Professional promise
- Interest in naval engineering
- Extracurricular activities
- Recommendations (3)
Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Financial need may also be considered.