The American Indian Science and Engineering Society Google Scholarship
The AISES Google Scholarship will fund scholarships awards to American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and people of First Nations from Canada AISES members pursuing degrees in the computer science, computer engineering and related programming fields.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
Applicants MUST meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited four-year college or in their second year at a two-year college leading to a four-year degree. Students at a two-year college must demonstrate a transition plan to a four-year college/university.
- Must be a member of an American Indian tribe, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or First Nations of Canada or otherwise considered to be an American Indian by the tribe with which affiliation is claimed; or is at least 1/4 American Indian blood; or is at least 1/4 Alaskan Native; or considered to be an Alaskan Native by an Alaskan Native group to which affiliation is claimed.
- Must be a member of AISES. To obtain an AISES membership go to http://www.aises.org/membership/
- Must be a current college sophomore or higher (entering their junior or senior year of undergraduate study or enrolled in a graduate program in the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Must maintain a strong academic performance
Google Specific Criteria:
- Must be *Majoring in one of the following college disciplines at a accredited 4-year college or university:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
*Other majors will be considered if the applicant demonstrates a high volume of computer science and computer engineering course work and research.