Athletics History and Achievements
- Manhattan College sponsors 19 Division I athletic teams, all of which play in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC). The College was a charter member of MAAC in 1980.
- More than 300 student-athletes compete for Manhattan College each year.
- Manhattan College has won 83 MAAC championships in 14 different sports.
- 8 different Manhattan College teams have participated in NCAA tournaments.
- The first varsity athletic team on campus was the baseball squad, which began play in 1863.
- The most recent addition to the list of Division I sports offered at the College is women’s lacrosse, which was promoted from club status in 1997.
- 18 Olympians, including two gold medalists, have graduated from Manhattan College, and at least one Jasper has competed at every Summer Games since 1992.
- The men’s track-and-field program won the NCAA indoor team championship in 1973.
- Draddy Gymnasium, which is also the home of the Manhattan College volleyball and indoor track-and-field teams, has hosted more than 800 Jasper basketball games since it opened in 1978.