To receive an admission decision in a timely manner, we encourage students to submit an application as soon as possible. Consider joining us for an upcoming Transfer Thursday or for another campus visit opportunity. You are also welcome to contact us by phone in the Admissions Office every Monday-Friday, 9am-4:30pm, to speak with an admission counselor or to schedule an appointment for an interview and/or campus tour. We can be reached at 718-862-7200 or 1-800-622-9235.
Important items to consider when transferring to Manhattan College include:
Fall 2015 Transfer Admission
- We do not have an application deadline for the fall 2015 semester; Manhattan College operates on a rolling admission basis.
- Housing is available for transfer students.
- Applicants currently enrolled in their first semester of college, should provide a copy of their class schedule so that a preliminary credit evaluation may be completed after your admission decision has been processed.
- Students considering applying to the Radiation Therapy program should contact the admissions office directly to speak with an admission counselor about space availability.
- Official final high school transcript (even if more than 30 college-level credits completed)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (students enrolled in their first semester should submit a copy of their class schedule)
- 300-650 word essay about your goals for the future and how attending Manhattan College will help you reach them.
- SAT or ACT scores (students the have completed one semester of college or less)
- One letter of recommendation
- AP/IB scores if taken; Dual enrollment transcript from community college if applicable.
- In person interview (recommended) - Skype appointments are available upon request
- $60 application fee
International Student Applicants: Additional Requirements
- International High School Transcript(s) translated using the World Education Services which will provide proof of high school graduation.
- Course-by-course report of international college transcript(s) must be certified through the World Education Services.
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores from within the past two years.
*Please note: W.E.S. requires all documents to be submitted directly from the institution that was attended or from the minister of education in your country. Students are not permitted to submit their own transcripts.
Transfer Credit Policy
- Official credit evaluations are performed only after the student has been accepted. The evaluation will be mailed home within two to three weeks after an acceptance has been offered.
- All transfer students must earn 50% of the credit necessary for graduation at Manhattan College. Typically, this will take four semesters of study in-residence.
- "P" grades may be accepted for credit, but only if they represent a grade of "C" or better as defined by the regulations of the institution of origin.
- All acceptances for students who have work in progress at another college or university are conditional upon successful completion of work in progress without withdrawals and with a minimum index of 2.5.
All accepted transfer students will be considered for academic scholarships during the application evaluation process. Students will be notified in a separate mailing if they receive a scholarship within two to three weeks of their acceptance decision. Transfer students who receive one of our Presidential, Dean's or Chancellor's Awards have demonstrated exemplary scores in high school and on their college coursework. To be eligible for renewal of their academic scholarship, recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 while in attendance at Manhattan College.
- We require all full-time, domestic, transfer students to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to be considered for financial aid. Eligible New York residents should also apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). Provided an applicants FAFSA has been submitted and once the credit evaluation is complete, a financial aid package will be prepared.
- For fall 2015 accepted students to be eligible for financial aid, a 2015-16 FAFSA may be submitted beginning January 1, 2015.
Director of Transfer Admissions
Follow MC Transfer Admissions on Twitter!