Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
Mindful of our distinctive Lasallian heritage, Manhattan College has always placed great emphasis on excellence in teaching. To help realize this goal, the College established the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CELT) under the direction of Daniel Collins, associate professor in the department of English.
Since its inception, CELT has worked to strengthen the College’s commitment to foster and reward excellent teaching. Specifically, CELT seeks to maintain and enhance the quality of instruction, and to encourage in our students characteristics of active, value-oriented, lifelong learning.
To accomplish these aims, CELT provides a variety of services:
- We facilitate the discussion of pertinent issues related to excellence in teaching and learning.
- We promote instructional practice and reflection on educational principles and theories through periodic workshops, lectures and symposia.
- We promote a collegial environment of collaborative exchange across all areas of the College related to teaching and learning.
- We provide access to a variety of educational resources through our website and campus office.
- We uphold the mission of the College, particularly in regard to the respect for individual dignity and our commitment to social justice.
For more information, please contact:
Daniel Collins, Director Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) 718-862-7498 email@example.com