Frequently Asked Questions

Can I do the Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy or Radiologic Technology (X-ray) programs as an evening student? 

No, there are daytime courses and some evening courses but most importantly the clinical internships can only be completed during daytime hours.

When do the clinical internships start?

The radiation therapy and the radiologic technology (x-ray) clinical internships start in the summer session of the sophomore year. The nuclear medicine internship starts in the spring semester of the junior year. 

How are the clinical internships scheduled?

Clinical internships are always an 8-hour day, usually 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. During the summer and winter sessions, they are five days a week. During the fall and spring semesters, they are two days a week. 

What types of programs do you have in nuclear medicine or radiation therapy?

You can get either a bachelor's degree or a certificate. The certificate program is only available for students who already have a bachelor's degree in another field. 

What type of program do you have in radiologic technology (X-ray)?

At present, we offer a bachelor’s degree. In the Fall 2016 semester, we plan to offer a certificate program.

What are the prerequisites for the bachelor's degree?

There are no specific course prerequisites, but you must be strong in math and science.

What are the prerequisites for the certificate program?

You must have a bachelor's degree and have completed the following college courses:

English 6
Human Anatomy and Physiology 6
Chemistry 3
Physics 8
Basic Computer Science 3
Pre-Calculus 3
Statistics 3

What will I study if I major in allied health?

The allied health major offers a broad understanding of health and illness from biological, psychological and sociological perspectives coupled with your chosen area of major concentration. 

What areas of major concentration can I choose?

You can select a concentration in either health care administration or general science. All allied health majors must select a major concentration. 

What type of employment does the health care administration concentration prepare me for?

This concentration prepares you for employment in entry-level administrative work in a variety of health care settings such as hospitals, nursing homes and community-based health organizations. 

What type of graduate study can I pursue after taking the health care administration concentration?

Most students pursue a master's degree in health care administration, business administration or public administration.

What type of employment does the general science concentration prepare me for?

The general science concentration is typically for students who plan on attending graduate school and eventually want to work as a health care provider. 

What type of graduate study can I pursue after taking the general science concentration?

Students pursue master's degrees in physician assistant, nutrition, occupational therapy, public health or various health services. Some students also take this concentration in preparation for medical or dental school.