Graduation announcements, three tickets and instructions for Commencement, will be distributed from the deans office for your school. Dates and times for pick-up to be announced.
You must complete the following before picking up your graduation packets:
Pay all Fees: Pay a graduation fee, if you have not already done so, and any other outstanding tuition balances.
- Graduation Clearance Checklist: Please log on to Self-Service to review your customized graduation clearance checklist. Your checklist outlines the requirements you need to complete BEFORE you are eligible to claim your graduation tickets at the dean's office. Date and time when this is available online to be announced.
Each graduating student will receive formal graduation announcements. These are distributed with the tickets.
Cap & Gown
Cap and gown distribution will commence at the Graduation Fair, date and time to be announced. After the Graduation Fair, cap and gown attire will be distributed from the bookstore. Only students who have been cleared to graduate will be provided academic attire.
Graduating Students Assembly Areas
On the day of commencement, graduating students will assemble in the designated areas listed below. All students are required to be in the appropriate area by 12:00 p.m. You will be instructed to check in with your advisors, and you will be given a readers card for the ceremony and then line up in alphabetical order by school.
Student Assembly Areas (report at 12:00 p.m.)
- School of Liberal Arts: Smith Auditorium
- School of Business: Smith Auditorium
- School of Education: Auxiliary Gym, Alumni Hall
- School of Engineering: Chapel of De La Salle and His Brothers
- School of Science: Chapel of De La Salle and His Brothers
Immediately following commencement, students (only) will be asked to report to the following areas in cap and gown to pick up their diplomas:
- School of Liberal Arts, School of Business and School of Education: Smith Auditorium
- School of Science: Chapel of De La Salle
- School of Engineering: Jasper Lounge
After you pick up your diplomas, students please join your guests at the post-commencement reception for all schools.
Announcements in Your Local Newspaper
If you're graduating this year but do not wish to have an announcement sent to your local paper, please email marketing and communication at email@example.com. Please provide your name and indicate whether you are an undergraduate, graduate or have completed the school of continuing and professional studies program. Please notify our office by May 20, 2016.
Taking Photographs During Commencement
Please instruct your guests who will be taking photographs during commencement not to enter the aisles at any time during the academic procession. Also, no one is permitted to enter the student seating area for the taking of photographs or for any other purpose. It is strongly recommended that those who wish to photograph any part of the procession do so outside on Walsh Plaza or behind the seating area. Also, be mindful not to obstruct the view of others when photographs are taken. Students and their guests are most welcome to use all other appropriate areas of the campus for the taking of photographs.
Candidates for Graduation
To be announced.