Summer Fellows Program
We are pleased to announce the creation of a new summer fellows program, due to the generous support from an alumnus, where students can apply for a stipend of $3000 to pursue an experiential learning opportunity. The mission of this program is to help students connect their academics with experiential opportunities to enhance their competitiveness for fellowships and graduate school.
We know that you have ideas, interests, hopes and dreams. If you had a $3000 stipend for the summer, what would you do and where would you go? What would you hope to gain from the experience? How would you change the world? With this new summer fellows program, we will have available up to 5 awards (one for each school) to support creative projects proposed by students that are at the top of their class with academic achievements. Our goal is to support those of you who have amazing potential to take a risk. We want you to think of an ambitious experiential learning opportunity, program of study, research project, creative work, social justice project, or humanitarian work – an opportunity to make yourself really stand out – and put that into a proposal. Is there something that you’ve been dreaming of? Take this opportunity to challenge yourself and change the world!
Eligibility and Requirements
- Be a current Sophomore or Junior in School of Arts, School of Business, School of Engineering, School of Education & Health, and School of Science
- Have a minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.7
- Have a faculty sponsor, who is willing to write you a recommendation and to advise you through the process
- Be willing and available to go through pre-departure training workshops and post-experience reflection sessions
- Write an end of summer paper and present to the Manhattan College community
- Meet with an advisor in the Center for Graduate School and Fellowship Advisement to discuss fellowship and graduate school applications
Interested? Check out the Submission Guidelines and Application!
Submission Deadline: 5:00pm EST, Friday March 14th, 2014