Jasper Summer Research Scholars
The Jasper Summer Research Scholars is a fellowship that will offer a stipend to scholars to pursue on campus summer research between their sophomore and junior year or between junior and senior year. This research program, supported by Manhattan College, is managed though the Center for Graduate School and Fellowship Advisement and will support up to three students each from School of Arts, School of Science, School of Education, School of Business, and School of Engineering undergraduate programs. Scholars will be chosen for their proposed research or creative project, their academic and co-curricular achievements, and promise for future contributions to knowledge and research in their discipline. In addition, the Center for Graduate School and Fellowship Advisement will provide enhanced programs, advising and support so that students develop intellectual, interpersonal, and research skills to be competitive applicants to graduate school, professional school, and fellowships.
Call for Proposals for Summer 2014!
We are pleased to announce that we are accepting proposals from students who would like to pursue a significant research question or project, contribute to a scholarly conversation, or to produce creative work, while being mentored by a faculty member for the Summer of 2014. Please apply if you have already identified a faculty mentor and research project for this summer. We have fifteen summer stipends available, three for each school. You will need to fill out an online application form and upload a research proposal.
If selected you will:
- Receive a $2800 stipend
- Have the option for free on-campus housing over the summer
- Be required to participate in pre-summer training workshops and summer research sessions
- Be required to present at end of summer research day and write a research paper
- Have the opportunity to submit your research work and attend a professional conference
- Have access to individualized advising about career pathways for after graduation
- Be part of the first full group of students to be selected for this competitive research program
Current Sophomores and Juniors in School of Science, School of Arts, School of Education and Health, School of Business and School of Engineering
Submission Deadline: 5:00pm EST, Friday March 14th, 2014