The Manhattan College M.B.A. program is open to students of all disciplines. The degree can be completed as a full or part-time student. Manhattan College School of Business undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the special 5th year B.S. Business/M.B.A program wherein a student completes both their undergraduate business degree and M.B.A. in five years. The 5-year program has two tracks that are described below.
Admission to the M.B.A program is done on a rolling basis. Applicants whose undergraduate degree is not in a business-related disciple may need to take a number of prerequisite courses. However, these prerequisites can be satisfied by taking the online M.B.A Bridge Courses – these courses are offered every summer. Applicants that need to take prerequisite courses may be offered a conditional admission to the M.B.A. program. If this is the case, the student must successfully complete all prerequisite courses prior to taking any M.B.A.-level classes.
M.B.A. Application Criteria
Applicants should have an overall G.P.A. of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and a GMAT score of at least 500 is preferred.
Manhattan College students applying to the program should speak directly to the MBA Program Director, Professor Marc Waldman by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants outside of Manhattan College must provide the following:
- completed online application
- $60 application fee
- official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official GMAT scores
- a current resume
- 2 letters of recommendation with at least one being from an academic source
Fifth Year B.S./M.B.A. Program Tracks
Two different M.B.A. tracks are offered for students doing the 5th year program:
- B.S. Business/M.B.A.: This program allows School of Business students to complete both their undergraduate business degree and M.B.A. in five years. Students will complete 150 undergraduate and graduate credit hours over a five-year period.
- B.S. in Professional Accounting/M.B.A.: This program allows School of Business students to complete both their undergraduate accounting degree and M.B.A. in five years. Accounting students are expected to complete this track. Students will complete 153 undergraduate and graduate credit hours over a five year period.
Students interested in the fifth year program are encouraged to apply during the spring semester of their junior year as this will allow maximum flexibility in M.B.A. course scheduling and give the applicant time to remedy any deficiencies in their application. However, applications from seniors will be accepted.
Core Requirement Summary
The core consists of three modules. Students must complete at least two courses in each module. Students may use additional courses from any of the modules toward the electives requirement of the program. See the course catalog for detailed information:M.B.A. Core Requirement Summary