Nomination Deadline, Selection Process & Timeline
The deadline for nominations for the 2014-2015 Distinguished Lasallian Awards was Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 6 pm. Nominations for 2014-2015 are now closed.
Each member of the faculty, staff, and administration may nominate up to three persons (who have been at Manhattan College for at least 5 years and has not already been honored – see the list of previous awardees here), one for each category:
- One faculty member
- One staff member
- One administrator
Selection Process & Timeline
- Until Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 6 p.m., nominations were accepted via the online nomination form.
- Before the end of October, the Distinguished Lasallian Committee (DLSC) will review these applications and determine the Distinguished Lasallians of the Year.
- At the appropriate convocation during the academic year the Distinguished Lasallians of the Year will receive their award on campus.
- The Distinguished Lasallians of the Year are recognized on the regional level by the District of Eastern North America (DENA) of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, according to the theme of the annual Huether Conference that is sponsored by the North American Region of Lasallians.
- Each year, in commemoration of the birthday of John Baptist de La Salle (April 30, 1651 – April 7, 1719), President O’Donnell hosts a luncheon in honoring the Distinguished Lasallians and the Brothers Community at Manhattan College. Invited to this celebratory luncheon are the deans of the College, the members of the president’s cabinet, and the students of the executive board and Lasallian action committee of Student Government.