Nomination Deadline, Selection Process & Timeline
The deadline for nominations for the 2014-2015 Distinguished Lasallian Awards is Monday, October 6, 2014 at 11 pm.
Each member of the faculty, staff, and administration are invited to nominate up to three persons (may be nominated posthumously) one for each category:
- One faculty member
- One staff member
- One administrator
Selection Process & Timeline
- Until Monday, October 6, 2014 at 11 p.m., nominations will be accepted via the online nomination form.
- Before the end of October, an ad-hoc selection committee of past recipients and past participants in Lasallian professional development programs will meet with the vice president for mission to make the selection of the Distinguished Lasallians of the Year.
- At the appropriate convocation during the academic year the Distinguished Lasallians of the Year will receive their award on campus.
- The Distinguished Lasallians of the Year are recognized on the regional level by the District of Eastern North America (DENA) of the Brothers of the Christian Schools.
- The ad-hoc selection committee will also take into consideration the theme of the annual Huether Conference that is sponsored by the North American Region of Lasallians in selecting one of the Distinguished Lasallians of the Year from Manhattan College to be nominated to be recognized on the international level at the annual Huether Conference.
- Each year, in commemoration of the birthday of John Baptist de La Salle (April 30, 1651 – April 7, 1719), President O’Donnell hosts a luncheon in honoring the Distinguished Lasallians and the Brothers Community at Manhattan College. Invited to this celebratory luncheon are the deans of the College, the members of the president’s cabinet, and the students of the executive board and Lasallian action committee of Student Government.